When you first applied to Ventura College, you were asked to select a major or program of study and a goal. This may have changed and if it has or you are not sure what you plan to study, that is okay. We have a lot of resources available for students to explore and discover career opportunities that best fit your uniqueness as a student. If you ever have questions, come seek out a counselor or visit our Career Center.
Once you have determined your major/program of study and goal, it will be important to update this information via your MyVCCCD student portal. Please watch the following video and follow the steps below to update your major/program of study and goal. There are a few things to keep in mind prior to completing this module so be sure to read each of the steps.
1. Watch this video "Updating College Major"
2. Log in to your MyVCCCD.edu student portal
3. Click on the "MyCollege" tab
4. Under the "My Student Records" tab click on "Update College Program and Goal"
5. Choose the most recent term (Spring, Fall or Summer)
6. Review your major and goal for accuracy
7. If it needs to be changed, select a new major/program of study and choose an appropriate goal
8. IF you are undecided, please choose one of the General Studies majors that most closely matches your current interests
9. If you are planning to pursue a career in either Nursing or Paramedics, please choose General Studies, with an Area of Interest in Natural Sciences
10. Click submit
11. If you receive any errors, please contact either Admissions and Records (805-289-6457, firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Counseling Office if you need assistance.